Thursday 16 October 2008

The weather today is...

The weather today is...Cloudy with some sunny spells ending in a bright Autumnal evening...
Perfect weather for cooking up some of the autumnal offerings from the garden...a fruity curry as we return to the comfort foods of warmth and spice after all the fresh crispy salads of the summer...
The dark evenings are a time to settle down and finish off projects...(Front and back of the Jane Austin dress)
and to start on a fresh project (does it look familiar?)...
... whilst the children return to their indoor play and rediscover the much loved and treasured wooden train set that seem to find its way all over the house..."Please Mommy leave it out so we can play with it later"
Which means this track has taken over the living room, the hall, poked into my sewing room, the downstairs loo and is now heading towards the kitchen...CHOO CHOO!!!


My children love being outdoors and I always worry how they will cope when they have to stay indoors, after all you can only cope with being wet from the rain for so long...you know they always surprise me with their 'play' I am blessed that they love being in each others company and despite their age difference they manage to find a harmonious level at which to play together...long may it continue...

I wish you a fantastic, happy and healthy weekend...

9 comments:

Heart in the country said...

Hi Suzie

I remember train tracks all over the house, and the pleading before bed to leave it out!

Happy knitting.

Kx

Kitty said...

Really pretty dress Suzie, and I love the appliqué at the top of this post. I can't remember the last time the train tracks came out - might be time to put them on eBay?! x

dottycookie said...

Love the suns!

We often have train tracks all over too - just as I think they're growing out of it, the girls fish it out of the cupboard and fill the living room yet again!

Jane said...

Yes we still have our wooden train set and until a year ago Em would still get it out and spread it around Ali's bedroom and the landing. Lovely dress and knitting. Your curry looks delicious too. Jane x

Anonymous said...

Oohh a fruit curry, could you post the recipe for that one?
I love the jumper of your little girl in the previous post, what pattern did you use?

Lazylol said...

The fruity curry looks lovely - I'd also like the recipe if you fancy sharing.
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

we have a train track house too,unfortunately as soon as the eldest puts it out the youngest pulls it apart. Hope you have a great weekend too
lisa x

Anonymous said...

Hello, just wanted to say that I love your blog Suzie.
Your simplicity and honesty are so refreshing. I love the way you care deeply for friends and family yet still realise time for self-love and fulfillment, your world (and hopefully ours) will be a better place for honest angels like you. I'm going to keep checking back for more updates - and who knows - might even start a blog for myself, it's just an extension of my life journal after all. Keeping living your life your way.....and thanks Xxx

Ali said...

Those train stes just go on and on (in space and time). I love it when the big cousins come over and can't resist setting up an elaborate layout for the smaller ones.