Thursday 22 February 2007

Restaurant Thursday

Restaurant Thursday-What am I on about now? This morning I was pulled out of bed by my oldest child and taken into the kitchen and he had laid out the table like a restaurant. He called it the 'Tree Restaurant'. I once asked him to name my business (I used to make and sell greeting cards) at the time we were sat under a tree having a teddy bears picnic, hence the name Tree Cafe, I loved it even had business cards and post it pads made, then suddenly we had the Knit cafe and the Craft Cafe, so I was worried people might think I had copied them. Anyway what a joy breakfast was, we had such a laugh, I was the waiter and the cook. ALL of breakfast was eaten. He wrote a little plan of the week just to remind me that it was indeed Restaurant Thursday.

I thought I should give a quick round up of whats going on, the POM POM scarf is finished. My word, it took a lot of Pom Poms. I thought he looked like the Hungry Caterpillar, so please excuse my sense of fun with the picture...
I have been doing a little thrift shopping, I got some great vintage books for my youngest, I wanted to say we seemed to have a lot of books with badgers and rabbits as we have a thing about them in this house, BUT, we also have a thing for cows and foxes as well...
A wool poncho, to be felted, it was a few pound so I really hope it works, if it does it will be good value as its a good shape, if not I shall have to put it down to experience, like the last one I tried to felt...
So watch out for more corsages, which will be great as I got this jacket in the charity shop for a few pounds, its immaculate, I wanted to really play about with it, there is a jacket in Romantic Home Sewing by Christina Strutt that I liked. I thought it would be ideal to alter. When I got it home it was such a good fit I thought instead of really changing it I would just put some nice buttons on it and make a cream and red corsage for it. It looks great with a pair of jeans and plain white Tee, which is quite a boring outfit for me but I thought it would be a change.

Yesterday I managed to sew up my youngest boys trousers and sewed his applique 'T' shirt (see previous post). He wore them all afternoon and also in the garden, now its very wet here and there is a lot of mud happening in our garden, he was so happy digging in the mud and adding yet more water to it that I could not stop him to change his trousers, so no photo as they went straight into the wash!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to come to the Tree Restaurant! And I love that jacket you found. I love jackets like that, the ones that spruce up a really simple outfit.

Anonymous said...

I love recycling clothe into something new - hope the poncho works!

Anonymous said...

Love the hungry caterpillar scarf - you just need a red pompom at the end !!

Melissa said...

We made those pom poms a few years ago to make hungry caterpillars as well when we did homeschooling with the book. It was a fun craft for the kids to get involved in.

By the way, thanks for commenting on my blog. I tried replying to your comment but I haven't figured out how blogger does that really. I couldn't find your email address either so I came here to reply.
"Toy Story is easy to watch for me as well, but my favorite Disney movie has to be Mulan".
Thanks, Melissa http://wishesdreamslove.blogspot.com/