Thursday 25 January 2007

The Hare and the Tortoise

He is finished, my little tortoise. I sat last night and sewed him together whilst listening to the latest cast on pod cast. I love his colours and he was all made from stash, something I am not very good at. The patchwork bit was a bit messy but I enjoyed the sewing together, nice to mix two passions together (sewing and knitting).
So after a little snack, he had a little mooch around to get himself familiar with his new home...
Finally he fell asleep with his new owner. Let me tell you this tortoise was rudely woken to squeals of joy and carried through the house to be shown to all. Oh it warms your heart.

Now that was going to be enough of toy knits as I am keen to tattle a bigger project but my older child's wants a mouse, Mmmm maybe I could get him to like knitting after all, there's always hope.
To complete the story here is a cutie. Meet Archie Bunny. He is just the the daftest bunny you could meet and there is a lot of him. This was our offering of snow yesterday, its not much but it resulted in VERY excited children.

3 comments:

laura capello said...

the turtle is *so* very cute!

Anonymous said...

I love the turtle, but even more, I love that head of FABULOUSLY curly hair!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love. that. tortoise!!!! What a great way to use up your stash, its just adorable.