Friday 26 January 2007

Apron love...

Apron love and lots of it. I always thought it rather odd my love for aprons, it has been going on long before I was a Stay At Home Mom. Then through blogs I realised I was not so odd, or maybe there was just a lot of odd people . I am not alone... The pink one is SUPER SPECIAL. My friend who has just moved away gave me quite a few goodies whilst she was packing. This is one of them. The funny thing is she thought she was giving it me for the vintage fabric to be used in a project. Oh NO, can you imagine? The story of its history is fab, it belonged to her GREAT grandmother. I said it would be my Christmas apron. So on Christmas Eve when my friends came round for a little get together I wore my apron, I even co-ordinated my outfit. Now that's a committed Domesticated Goddess! Thanks Caroline, I love it:-) Now the stripey one is a thrift find. How could I resist? Its hand made so its a one off, and its finished off very well. Best of all it was cheap.
I am sure more photo's of aprons will be posted in the future. Did I hear a groan then?

Its the weekend tomorrow and my plans have changed, I was due to go on a felting work shop. Sadly it has been cancelled due to lack of interest. SO I am taking myself off to the Stitch and Creative Crafts show instead...Mmmm more shopping.

Have a great weekend

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silly friend, wanting you to cut up such a lovely apron!

beki said...

What wonderful aprons - they're both beautiful! Have fun this weekend.

laura capello said...

ack! those aprons are cute.

class cancelled? oh man.

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Very cute aprons. I love aprons, but I always forget to wear them.