Friday 18 January 2008

Fuzzy Felts and postal goodness!!!

Nothing beats a good Full English Breakfast...well actually this morning I had muesli!
I had such fun with all the silly sewing I did a while ago I got back to it...yet more play food for my son's kitchen... Whilst the felt was out I carried on with a project I am designing, I have a boring old black wool coat, I saw a Boden coat similar in the winter 2007 brochure the coat had felt circles sewn on...so being of a flowery nature I thought I would have a go. I am so loving these colours, most of the felt is my VERY best felt, wool felt, Oh the difference to craft felt is amazing, as its going to need to be cleaned I thought it was the best felt to go with. Although I like the colours so much I fear a black background might not be the best setting for them, maybe a pastel skirt...I might save them till spring and see what I can do...
Sticking with the felt thing...I had a try at Betz (Warm Fuzzies) acorns, I have yet to make my acorns with buttons and balls of felt...this will give you an idea...again a quick and easy project with cute results, now out of season and I have no idea what I am going to do with them...yes silly sewing indeed making me HAPPY.
I have always had a little felt lying around, I have a stash for the children's 'useful box' also. It was only when I went looking for some colours I realise how many pieces I actually do have, so I am sure this will not be the last of the felt projects...I might have to get myself an order in with Paper and String, you know for the odd colours I do not have, also her felt is a wool mix...yummy!
Now on to the postal goodness. Not one but two knocks on the door, this usually means its a parcel..I was not wrong...I get quite a lot of my fabric stash from Sal of Sal's snippets, so when a package was put in my hands I thought 'I don't think I am waiting on any fabric' so imagine my joy when I opened a BIG bundle of bright cheerful fabric with this lovely note in from Sal. She says she hopes I can use these bits...can I use them....FANTASTIC!!! As for the piece which she very sweetly says remind her of me...well I am tickled pink, Sal your generosity is overwhelming. I thank you...

How lucky am I? Well if that was not enough I got a belated Christmas present from my Knitting partner who now lives at the wrong end of the country...I know most of you know this book and now I too know what all the fuss is about, the little stories that go with each project is adorable. As you can guess the children are already picking out which ones they want me to make...I think it might involve a family sock shopping trip!!!
Wait there is more...this said same friend phoned me up on Saturday evening, I nearly did not pick up the call as it was late, I am pretty pleased I did, I had a very excited person on the end telling me how a yarn we both like was in Dunelm (sorry I think its only in the UK)and had a sale on for only 99p, this yarn is usually over £7.00 making a knitted garment very expensive, we both have patterns for projects we want to knit with it, due to the cost though they are just wish list! UNTIL NOW!!! So off she went to Dunelm the next day with a few orders from friends and family and a couple of days later my box of goodness arrives...
...Well that's about it for another week, on reflection its not been a bad week, it was full of appointments, lots of time spent in hospital waiting rooms and with my sore finger (not the reason for sitting in hospital waiting rooms), I have been limited in what I can make, still I got through a whole bunch of stuff, I even got to go swimming this morning, on driving back through the nearest town sand bags had been delivered so I guess we are in for yet more rain...
Saturday is my patchwork class so I am looking forward to a day spent sewing. We also have to make some time for children's craft this weekend as we have to finish our 'Mythical Sea creatures'. This was the result of the shopping list my son left me, he had watched a new program...Mr Makes...something like that, after watching these sea creatures be made he wanted to have ago...who was I to stop him...so once the clay is dry...
Have a great weekend.

12 comments:

Sal said...

I am glad you liked your package!! Have a fun weekend ;-)
Sal x

Anonymous said...

I like the creative use of Q-Tips!

And it looks like we're both making felt food these days!

Kitty said...

Wow! Lots of lovely stuff, and you do patchwork too. I love to look at fabric - even pictures of it on the web make me drool.

Have a good weekend. x

Claire said...

I love felt! It's great! I need to buy a few sqaures from paper-and-string as soon as it's payday! I love the felt food and might have to make some for my nephews too! :)

Happy Friday! x

bettyninja said...

Felt food is so much fun! I can't get over it. The acorn looks really great too.

Anonymous said...

I really love that fried egg - so much more healthy than the real thing! What's next I ask myself?
I think that my son will want to make some mythical sea creatures too when he sees those beauties! Love the shot of the wool - how exciting!
Have a great weekend
xx

dottycookie said...

Such a lovely post! Is the wool Debbie Bliss? You got an even better bargain than me then - mine was £1.50 a ball!

We are big Mr Maker fans in this house too - and we have clay and cotton buds ready for the very same project ...

Melissa Stover said...

oh i love crafty people and the blogs about crafts. thanks for visiting my blog. it's really not that hard to make a few changes. look up at the top of your browser and find the view button. near the bottom is "page source" whenever you are on a blog page you like (especially in blogger since that is what you are on) take a look at their page source. that's where you'll find the tricks to the codes like 3 columns and stuff. i'll be happy to answer any questions (if i can).

kristin said...

looks like you will be busy!! thats quite a varied and interesting new stash you've got there. i'll be keeping a look out on what you create :)

Linda said...

Fab sock creatures book!

UK lass in US said...

I keep planning on making some play food. All I've made so far is an apple and a pear - originally intended as pincushions, but my kids had other ideas...

Joanna said...

Love all the things you make, I have two big squares of grey felt sitting on my desk, the plan a captain rupert rabbit buut where to start I keep asking myself. Captain Rupert hates all this rain too, he sits outside the patio door waitng to be let in. Hurry up spring. I always feel spring and summer are best for bunnies, they are happiest in the garden nibbling! Captain Rupert sends his best regards to your rabbit and hope he gets out bouncing on a sunny day soon