Tuesday 6 March 2007

Topping up the Stash!!!

Over the weekend, I eventually made to it to a mill ( I have wanted to go here for almost four years)that stocks all sorts of fabric and crafty goodies. My guest was just fab, he took my oldest off for some milk and cookies and told me to take all the time I liked...How could I resist, all that lovely fabric, a lot I had not seen before. So I thought , well I just have to make the most of this as it is such a luxury to shop without the children, my youngest was having a nap. Obviously I was aware not to push the kind act and made my mind up to only look in the fabric area...
In honour of the Month of Moo, I bought this cute fabric, this was so expensive I only bought a small amount. I love the matching fat quarter, much more reasonable in price. I plan to use this on the goodie bags for my sons birthday party...more to be revealed later in the week.


This is not my cup of tea at all. It was in the bargain bucket (no surprise there) but I plan to make some pencil wraps for the boys birthdays so this will be just great...
Mmmm...another one for the boys...
This one is JUST for Mommy. I so fell in love with this I wanted to buy all of it, I restrained and bought enough of the background fabric for a top I want to make for myself. The others are a fat quarter pack just because I loved them so much.


Later that day whilst talking to my son, he told me that the best part of the day was sitting talking to our guest when he was treated to his snack. I thought that this was the sweetest thing. All the gifts we give and provide but at the end of the day the best gift we can give our children is our time.

Knitting update:The top I am knitting for myself is coming along well despite not having much knitting time, I am on the last sleeve (started last night whilst curled up in bed, still feeling a bit sorry for myself, watching ER) so its just the neck to get to grips with then its done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the farm yard fabric - sounds like a great day was had there !
Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better now.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day! I love the pirate fabric and I'm glad to see you are feeling better!