Tuesday 25 March 2008

Spring had sprung...

Well we have snow...yes snow...a snow man has been built and the skies are blue...I managed to save a few sprays of daffs before the chill factor hit them... Easter has left a feeling of joy and new beginnings and not to mention a little overdoing it with the chocolate. I am still recovering, still in my PJs and still saying 'ouch' my nurse has had to return to work, today is my first day on my own with the children. How Lucky am I that some friends of mine have taken the children out for a play date? So before I retire to my bed I thought I should catch up with you.
All around the house is chocolate and all things bunny related, books a plenty lying around and most with an Easter theme. I got some beautiful cards from friends and fellow bloggers included in that a great little egg decorating kit from the very talented Little Cotton Rabbits, I thank you.
I managed to snap a picture of the Easter Tree...
which was a nice setting for my felt eggs...
not to mention all the other little eggs that I have collected over the years, sadly none of the shell eggs made it through to another year...I better make some more...

But there is no sadness at this loss as so many lovely 'NEW' things arrived. Lucy organised a great swap...the Easter swap and my partner was the cool Kitty...I got a beautiful card and the most amazing bunny, I love this bunny, she has such character, I mean look at those back paws...cute all the way!!! Kitty was a little naughty and popped in a few other bits, some soft, man so soft wool, lovely chocolate and some really pretty quilt cards. I thank you Kitty, you spoilt me...and I would love the pattern for the bunny dress, can you not imagine this bunny with a whole wardrobe of pretty dresses for all the seasons? Really this swap deserves a post all of its own, so forgive me, but I wanted to share it with you and not wait any longer...
As for the swaps in return, well the above bundle of bits went off to Weirdbunny (see previous posts for her parcel to me) and the picture below is one of the two bunnies I made for Kitty and Weirdbunny So there you are all my swaps up to date now and what fun they are, if you have never done a swap I urge you to join in, it really helps you to focus and make something you might not normally make and of course the fun of a parcel arriving for you...I wanted to say a special thanks to Lucy for organising the bunny swap, it takes some organising.
OK so we move on into the the spring time, and the season of all things new and lovely, a season of hope and joy and a time to look forward rather than reflect...so to me its a time to 'get things done' I am trying to finish started projects that have maybe been lying around for a while and of course starting new things...just because I like to...
The purse I knitted got made up whilst I have been spending a lot of time just sitting very still, I am pleased with the result...I lined the bag with some great fabric that I got as a freebie in an order from Sal of Sal's Snippets...it goes with the yarn perfectly giving it a lovely vintage feel. Let me assure you I will NOT be making another bag like this, sewing on the handle was not a task I enjoyed. I cursed all the way through it I also still have puncture wounds to my fingers and even with all of that I am not happy with the neatness of it...
But not unhappy enough to unpick it...I hope your Easter was a special one and like me your looking forward to the better weather...I can't wait to get out in the warm air again...





13 comments:

Unknown said...

Friends who take away small people for playdates when you're under par are worth their weight in gold and diamonds - you take it easy and don't try to do too much - the housework will wait, your recovery is far more important. Love your easter tree - maybe I'll get my background into gear to do something similar another year - I stayed with an aunt in Northern Germany one Easter many years ago and the locals all decorated bushes outside their front doors like that - so pretty at the end of drab wintertime

Unknown said...

that should've read backside not background - even the brain's not in gear! I'll blame it on too much number crunching for year end at work - our kids aren't on holiday until the end of next week for two weeks - I'll be well ready for the time off by then!

French Knots said...

Hope you are making the most of the child free time and resting! Your tree looks lovely, I've not even got round to taking a picture of mine this year - but as it's been knocked over twice it's not looking too good!

Kitty said...

That purse might have made you curse, but isn't it gorgeous? Well done you.

Your Easter display looks lovely - I've never done one before, but think I might try it next year. Glad you liked the contents of your parcel - I made up the pattern for the dress, I could maybe trace round it and send it on to you? It's a bit fiddly, but quite nice when it's finished. I must admit my daughter's 'Rabbity' has quite a few dresses, a jacket, some trousers, etc.

Thank you so much for being my swap partner Suzie - it was a real pleasure.

Take care of yourself. x

Locket Pocket said...

Your swap parcel from Kitty was lovely and those felt eggs and that bag you made - really gorgeous! Get better quickly. Lucy x

Jane said...

Beautiful Easter things, hope you are soon feeling better. Jane x

Modelwidow said...

Hope you are able to continue resting and are progressing nicely.
It's lovely to see all your easter pictures, and the swap bunny is just gorgeous.
Your bag looks good - I can identify with sewing on the clasp, if the window had been open, mine just might have found itself flying through it. Love your choice of lining too, really sets the bag off.

Anonymous said...

Love your bag!!! however I wish you hadn't said what a pig it was to construct - i'm now in several minds about trying to do one myself!
Caroline
PS so glad you are OK and take it easy!!! Hopefully you'll get help with the school runs :)

Mrs Moog said...

Those are some lovely swappy goodies you have there! I love your little purse - I've been given two of those purse clasps and now I'm not so sure I want to use them - if they hurt that bad!!

xx

Ragged Roses said...

Hope you get better very soon, take care of yourself. I love your knitted purse and swap goodies. It sounds like you had a good Easter and it's good to hear that your house is as full of chocolate as mine!
Kimx

Twiggy said...

Hope you're soon feeling better. I love your Easter tree and your knitted bag is gorgeous.
Twiggy

Sal said...

I'm glad that the fabric came in handy,I could never make a purse like that..you are very clever.Hope you feel better soon.Love,Sal;-)

Donna said...

Lovely little purse, the fabric is perfect with the colour of the knitting yarn.