Tuesday 19 February 2008

These Boots are made for walking...

The silence that comes after the children return to school is chilling...or may be its to do with the fact that it is the middle of the day and its still -3. So the post holidays blues have kicked in and the fun, laughter and constant chatter of the last week is just a memory...role on school out time!!! The memories are still clear and rich in my mind, full of colour and warmth and lots of hapy smiles with the infectious sound of giggles. Our week was a good one, it did have a couple of blips, I guess that is to be expected, but all in all the week was precious. Something about the clear air and sky is different in this place, its peaceful, fresh and feels pure...so most morning we awoke to an amazing sunrise, as the children ran around and played Mommy would get some knitting done...
Then off to the pool, Ah my little water babes, both my babes love to play in the water, I personally am not a fan of exercise, show me a pool however and I can plough up and down all day. My second child was one of those babes that got thrown into the water when only weeks old, and yes they really do swim...
Of course we took in the sights and smells of the farm, we had a special place in our hearts for the chickens...funny, funnny chickens... After a light lunch we would take in some more of the views on offer in this beautiful countryside, it truly is inspiring...
Infact we walked our little boots off...

Blue as blue can be, a rich blue sky watercoloured over with a milky coat of cloud...beautiful...
As the day trickled by the mist would roll in...
Time to head indoors and get the crafting box out, picture after picture was produced, some with love hearts, some Pokemon and best of all from my youngest ...'Look Mommy this is you with the chickens' and you know, you could make me out, not just a stick with a blob for a head, now we have a genuine body (quite large too) with arms and legs even curly hair, pictures to treasure...
As the daylight disappeared and veil of darkness swept across the hills we would warm ourselves up in front of the fire and snuggle under our blankets till it was time to scoop up the sleepy babes and put them in their beds...
Ahhh how I love the holidays...

19 comments:

Modelwidow said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful break, and have some lovely pictures to show for it. I miss the school holidays when DD was small, it is so nice to read about your time with the children, transports me back. Thank you

Ruth said...

Suzie - this sounds like absolute heaven to me. So glad the weather was lovely as well - so rare for the Feb half term. And Easter is just around the corner so not long to wait till the little ones are on holiday again.

Sal said...

I am glad that you all had a fab time. Great boots! Sal;-)

tess said...

oh it sounds like you had such a lovely time, that photo of the sunrise is just gorgeous!

Kitty said...

Lovely pictures Suzie - thanks for sharing. We are on half term this week - it's fabulous. No rushing around, just relaxed chilling out time. x

Mrs Moog said...

Lovely photos Suzie and it sounds like you had a lovely time. We are on half term this week and so far, with this lovely weather, we are having a great time.

Let's hope the weather is this good at Easter!

xx

Anonymous said...

Those are some really fabulous boots!

Anonymous said...

What fab pictures - they really are lovely. I want to see the piccie your youngest did of you though - how exciting when they produce something really recognisable! Glad you had a great time - I was thinking about you all week and looking at the great weather, and thinking it wouldn't last for us this week but it has done - how brill!

Anonymous said...

didn't mean to be anonymous - my usual button has vanished below!
caroline

Locket Pocket said...

Hi Susie - sounds like you had a great time!

Did you get the questionnaire for the swap? I sent it again. Hope it arrived!

Lucy

Anonymous said...

Sounds idyllic Suzie. Loved all the pictures, you have such a gift for capturing a 'feel' - we wished we were there too !!:)
take care, kate

Monkee Maker said...

Hi Suzie,

Wow, it sounds like you had a wonderful holiday - great shots as ever. I especially like the one of your son swimming.

In answer to your question, I've recently found Picasa - a Google photo editing tool that is free to download, and I LOVE it! Other than that I just use the photo editing in my Windows photo gallery that came with the laptop.

:)

Anonymous said...

you are trying to make us jealous, aren't you??!! Sounds absolutely dreamy and leaves me desperate for a holdiay! Thanks for the photos - they are beautiful!

dottycookie said...

What a lovely post - it sums up all that is lovely about having holiday time with tiny people. Can't wait for Easter!

weirdbunny said...

Fantastic photo's, and I love your boots. Were you scared when your baby swam at weeks old. It must have been fascinating, but really scary to see your child do that. I loved the weather over half term, blue skies, bright, yet crisp and cold. ~ Julia x

Louise said...

Lovely photos Suzie, you have really caught the light in lots of different ways. x

Ragged Roses said...

What a beautiful post! I am so pleased you had a good half term. it;s our half term this week and I'm not looking forward to the silence next week when they're back at school, I understand exactly what you mean. Take care
Kimx

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos...you must have had a great week with the children. Love the hens...Noreen now has three to look after.
Margaret and Noreen

julie said...

Suzie your photos are beautiful - enough to transport us there and give us a glimpse of heaven!