Friday 6 July 2007

One lump or two?

As soon as I had finished the blog yesterday and the morning chores my little babe and me set to the kitchen...'Baking time Mommy I want to bake cookies' So this is the end result, kind of sweet eh? Well what a mess we got into, but what fun we had... First we put our aprons on and washed our hands with our new smelly soap. Then we greased the trays...
Made messy blobs of dough (with chocolate and cranberry) and once that's done its the fun bit of cleaning out the bowl...
Round two, time for the crispy cakes..gooey, runny, lovely, melted chocolate, look at this little poppet, doing a good job I think!
Funny how they disappear when it comes to the clearing up, the tasting was much more fun. Which brings us back to the first picture, we took the tray into the playroom and had our afternoon tea on the floor like a pic-nic, well with all the miserable rain there was no hope of having tea on the lawn!!!
Just so you do not think its turned into a baking blog a quick snap shot of my work area, well it is WIP Friday. As my work area is an ongoing work in progress it seemed like a fair photograph to post up today. Believe it or not this is actually the put away version. I am so inspired by all the lovely work rooms out there in blog-land and I have followed their progress with much love and interest...one day one day I might get round to doing something with mine, for now though as time is so precious I will make do, no not make do I love it, it was only a few months ago I moved off the kitchen table...Have a great weekend.

10 comments:

AC said...

How great to have a work area...I'm still on the kitchen table/living room floor or where ever I plonk myself:-)
I could do with one of those yummy cakes though to go with my coffee...could your little one spare one?
Alison x

AC said...

ME again.
Check Katies blog out and her wonderful shed and the item on Womans hour!!!

http://www.whatkatiedid.typepad.com/
Alison x

julie said...

Yummy cakes! and the tea tray looks perfect.

laura capello said...

TWO desserts?! yum.

and your area is so *clean*. gah, so *clean*!

Unknown said...

Didn't you realise that kids are actually allergic to tidying up! Sometimes it extends into adulthood - I'm a prime example :o)

Anonymous said...

What is on your youngest's shirt? It looks so cool, from the bit I can see.

Unknown said...

My youngest was standing next to me having a cuddle whilst I popped into your blog for a look and caught sight of the picture of the tea tray with your homebakes on it - her reaction was Yummmmmm!

weirdbunny said...

Baking togetther how wonderful. Shame about the weather that you couldn't have your tea outdoors.

andsewtosleep said...

Looks like someone had a lovely time. Cute work station.

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Ooh!! I LOVE your pink tea-cups!!! Glad you had so much fun!!