Tuesday 8 May 2007

Getting stuff done


OK so I was going to wait to show you these little mitts, changed my mind... I am pleased to say that they are totally my design, I could not find exactly what I wanted and I only had one ball of this lush wool to work with, so I made it up as I went along, OK I ripped them back a couple of times before I got it right. I am doing my first BLOG SWAP with Small Fox I am knitting her a pair of gloves. Small Fox sent me a couple of pictures of what she had in mind and a colour list, I went with sherbet colours. Once finished I wanted to add a little bit extra so I got some LOVELY silk yarn (Debbie Bliss) and a crochet hook and got busy, again making it up as I went along. I was told to go crazy...I guess I did. I also made a little flower pin to match to pop on a jacket. I am nervous though, will she like them? will the colour be OK? will they fit? I have added another knitted item, but I want to keep that a secret, plus some lovely Liberty and some patches of Cath Kidston fabric that I know she will LOVE.
The bank holiday weekend was fun, I did not take the children away in the camper van as it was forecast rain, and it did rain. We had one Fab day on Saturday, I spent all day in the garden with the children, not that they needed me to play with them, they seem to do that together quite well at the moment. Although I was not really allowed to get on with my knitting due to requests for drinks, I am hungry etc...
I like these photo's they really capture their relationship at present.
Remember all the good weather last week resulted in lots of fabric getting washed? Well it meant a lot of ironing, I am getting there, I just need time to get on with the making. I am at present on top of my commissions, I am quilting the quilt, I stated it on the machine, unpicked it and then forgot to buy the cotton I wanted and pins to hold it all together when I was shopping at the local quilt shop at the weekend. There was a reason for forgetting, I was rather giddy about collecting an embroidery machine to try out, its my birthday next month and this could be the treat I am hoping for. Just waiting for a free hour or so to get it out, so far I have read the instructions and learnt how to thread the needle...

3 comments:

julia said...

She will love those gloves! I wish I could knit or crochet. Must put it onto my "to do" list.

Looking at your children reminds me of mine when they're in a "we love each other" moment. Unfortunately these moments can be few and far between and I spend a lot of time shrieking up the stairs or into the garden. I tell myself it will get better (or I may just move into the shed)!

Julia x

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the gloves! They will keep my hands snug and warm while I'm mousing away in my chilly little office and will look FABULOUS with my coats come fall! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I have just a couple more things to finish for you and then we can MAIL! WOOOOO!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I would love to sabotage smallfox getting those gloves!??? (SORRY SARAH!)
They are wonderful! Are you up for commissions? They look such fun.